Blackheads are gross and a pain in the butt to remove. Most people turn to pore cleaning strips that supposedly work to help pull them out. In reality, all that the pricey strips seem to do is dry out the fragile skin on the nose and irritate it further, plus they can be quite painful to remove. If you are prone to blackheads and want something that is quick and painless, then we have good news for you. An effective DIY pack to clean blackheads!
Here is what you need:
- Any mint toothpaste.
- Small bowl to mix.
- Spoon to mix.
- Some ice cubes.
- Squish out about 2 tablespoons of toothpaste in a mixing bowl.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of salt in the toothpaste.
- Mix salt and toothpaste well to form a paste.
- Wet your face and then apply this paste on the affected area i.e. chin and nose. Let it sit for around 5-10 minutes. You will probably feel a tingling sensation but don’t worry its normal and it will pass away after few minutes.
- After 10 minutes, wet your fingers and gently massage the area with two fingers in circular motion. Be gentle so you don’t harm your skin.
- Now rinse your face thoroughly with warm water. To close facial pores take one ice cube and rub it on your face. It will close the pores and will prevent the entry of dirt.
Some Quick Tips:
Do not apply this mixture close to eye area as the vapors of mint toothpaste can cause irritation to eyes.
The nose can appear red initially but it’s normal.
If you have dry skin, hydrate it thoroughly.
Clean your face thoroughly after finishing the procedure to get rid of the paste.
Don’t forget to close the pores by rubbing ice.