Apple cider vinegar has many benefits for human health. One of the numerous benefits of organic apple cider vinegar is the great influence on your hair and scalp. It cleans the hair and gives it volume and shine, but it also prevents hair loss. Apple vinegar reduces itching of the scalp and eliminates dandruff by destroying bacteria or fungi that are confined in hair follicles.
Alpha – hydroxy is the active ingredient in apple cider vinegar. This substance helps in removing the build – up from styling hair products, enhancing the healthy and smooth the hair, making proper pH balance, helps hair growth and healthy scalp.
The method is simple, just rinse your hair with some apple cider vinegar mixed with lukewarm water.
How to use apple cider vinegar for different hair types?
If you have straight, fine, thin or short hair you should combine 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of warm water
For curly, thick or long hair combine ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and 1 quart of warm water
Naturally kinky or thick hair need combination of 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 3 cups of warm water
For chemically straightened or treated hair it is good to combine 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of warm water
How Often To Use The Treatment?
- Wave, curly, thick or long hair – once every 2 weeks
- Straight, fine, thin or short hair – once a week
- Chemically straighten or treated hair – once a month
- Naturally kinky or thick hair – once every 6 – 8 weeks
Below are listed the benefits of using ACV for hair rinse:
- Removes dead skin cells and promotes healthy hair growth
- Neutralizes the pH levels of your hair follicles
- Excellent for relieving itchy, dry and flaky scalp
- Removes dandruff
- Gives hair a nice shine
- Removes build – up in hair
Encouraging hair growth – ACV can treat clogged hair follicles due to bacterial infection that creates crusty flakes on the scalp (which can result in hair loss).